Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Teaching Journalism
Guest_urban-educator_*
post Jun 30 2010, 10:40 PM
Post #1

Guests

I have my M.S. in Mass Communications and after having a series of jobs that I hate, I've decided to go back to school to get my teaching license. I would love to do strictly journalism, but I live in an area where the journalism classes are usually taught by the English teachers. I was wondering if this was the case everywhere. Are there schools where these classes are not taught by English teachers? If so, is there enough demand to justify my not getting certified in English and teaching the journalism classes on top of the other?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
donnaj8887
post Aug 27 2010, 04:40 AM
Post #2

Group: members
Member No.: 10,271

QUOTE (urban-educator @ Jun 30 2010, 11:40 PM) *
I have my M.S. in Mass Communications and after having a series of jobs that I hate, I've decided to go back to school to get my teaching license. I would love to do strictly journalism, but I live in an area where the journalism classes are usually taught by the English teachers. I was wondering if this was the case everywhere. Are there schools where these classes are not taught by English teachers? If so, is there enough demand to justify my not getting certified in English and teaching the journalism classes on top of the other?

Thanks!

Thanks you for the post.

+Quote Post
Guest_Adobe_Andrew_*
post Aug 31 2010, 09:07 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (urban-educator @ Jun 30 2010, 11:40 PM) *

Thanks!

I went to a public high-school in Northern Virginia and we had a Journalism who taught strictly Journalism. She was also responsible for running the student newspaper and yearbook but her primary class was Journalism and not english. So to answer your question - it probably depends on the school district and how big it is but there are definitely schools that just offer journalism.

+Quote Post
dslava
post Feb 16 2012, 05:33 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 58,142

Hi there,

I am a student journalist from Canada working on an article about teaching abroad opportunities for students. In particular, I am looking for first-hand accounts of people who have taught anywhere outside North America.

My story needs be submitted by the 16th of April. Any type of participation or references that could be provided would be much appreciated.

Best regards

+Quote Post
johny
post Mar 13 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 96,874

Hi dslava, I know people who have taught in Florida and i am also pursuing me carrier in journalism. I have just took admission and i would like to know from you that how and what did you did to gain your achievement. I always wanted to do journalism outside Florida but that was not possible due to some reasons so kindly tell me how should i complete it successfully?

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · GreatTeacher.net · Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 10:15 AM