Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> preschool wh questions
Guest_Guest_*
post Jan 1 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Guests

I have several preschoolers who have goals that address wh-questions (who, where, etc.). Does anybody have any fun activities for addressing these goals? Also, which wh-questions come in first...is it the "what" questions and then the "who" or "where" questions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
spchtx
post Jan 2 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: members
Member No.: 45

I can't recall exact developmental norms for the order in which those develop, but I know for my 2 1/2 yo "Where" has been the first one for her and then "what." She still doesn't get "who" very well.

A fun way to work on "where" is with peek-a-boo type game. My daughter is constantly hiding something, and asking "Where _____?" She was hiding her water cup the other day, and asking "whe wa-uh?" She gets a huge kick out of it.

With the kiddos I work with, I will often "slyly" take one of the toys we are working on and put it somewhere else. Then we start a "where is ____" game. "Is it under the table?" "Nooo" "Is it under the chair?" "Nooo!" "Is it under the blanket?" "yess!!!" That way, I work on "where," prepositions and yes/no all in one activity. The kids usually really get into finding the toy.

I haven't come up with a fun game for "what?" It's more just "what is this?" kind of questions, but not very exciting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Speech-LanguagePathologist.org SLP Issues · Next Newest »

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 11:57 AM